Oud (agarwood) CollectionA very special treat.
Four variations of high grade agarwood.
The rich and aromatic universe of these heartwood scents will take dreams far away and bring pure pleasure.
The box contains :
- Cambodian Premium Oud / Wild / 0.5 g
- Sri Lankan Super Oud / Wild / 1.0 g
- Malaysian Oud / Wild / 1.0 g
- Thai Oud / Grade AB / 2.0 g
100% Natural Pure Oud (Aquilaria malaccensis)
* In order to enjoy the natural incense, burn them with our 03/ KOBAKO PER-FUMUM III set.
* For the Japanese monko style burning, its utensils are appropriated.
* For more info about the incense burning, please read here.
* Incense burner is not included in this box. Our original porcelain burners handmade by Cuze are available with a size/design variation.
II. Koro Cylinder
[ About Oud ]
Oud (agarwood) is a resinous wood, one of the most rare and precious natural raw materials in the world.
It is formed in the heartwood of aquilaria trees when they become infected with a type of mold. As the infection progresses, the tree produces a resin in response to the attack. In result, it creates a dark resin-embedded heartwood, by taking minimum 50-60 years.
Thus, oud is special. Its scent is complex and indescribable : varies according to the ages and origins.
It has also cultural and religious significance in ancient civilizations around the world; being described in the 1400 BC in one of the world's oldest written texts Vedas from India. In the Hebrew Bible, it is also mentioned and highly revered in Islam as well.
In Japan, oud is used in the Kodo incense ceremony. It is a symbol of spirituality as associated with Buddha, and burnt to communicate with ancestors.
AGURU : Oud Collection
With our Kobako III
1- Light the candle with matches.
2 - Burn the edge of a charcoal with the candle while holding it with the tweezers. It will take 3-5 minutes until the charcoal is ready when it gets nicely hot and red.
3 - Put some ashes into a ceramic bowl, and place the hot charcoal onto the ashes.
4 - Put a small piece of oud (if it is not a small piece, break into a very small ones) next to or directly on top of the hot charcoal. It starts releasing its scent and produce smoke.
Find your personal way into the art of scent. Enjoy!